About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jealousy

It will be 4 months tomorrow, and it's hard to believe that much time has gone by. The last week and a half has been the hardest since the funeral. On July 16, Ryan's grandmother passed away. We were with her as she stepped into eternity. I have recently read a book where the author states, "suffering and loss make life a little less sweet and death a little less bitter." This statement is so very true. You know that your entire outlook on life has been flipped upside down when you watch someone pass away, and you find yourself being jealous of them. When she took her last breath, she was stepping into the presence of our Savior and my daughter. I desperately long for the day when I can do the same (don't worry- I would never cause that to happen). His grandmother's funeral was extremely difficult; all the raw pain and emotions were multiplied. I felt like I was experiencing Macie's funeral all over again.
.
Besides the funeral, we are also dealing with some extended family disagreements, a conflict with a neighbor, and to top it all off, Macie's headstone still hasn't been delivered and set up. A dear relative told us to look at these circumstances as God given distractions. These trials force us to take some of the focus off the intense pain and direct it elsewhere. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how distracted I will be with Maice's birthday approaching. August 10th should be her 8th birthday. Please keep our family in your prayers as we approach another difficult day.

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Amanda. So sorry for the loss of Ryan's grandma. Michelle W

    ReplyDelete
  2. amanda
    i've been 'visiting' your blog off and on for a while and couldn't help but comment today. your pain is so very real and raw right now...especially with little macie's bday coming up. i know that pain. i've had that pain. our little 10yr old boy died 21 months ago and i remember his first bday without him. please know that you will hold a special spot in my heart on the 10th and you will be prayed through...
    God's blessings
    jolynn van wienen
    hudsonville, michigan

    ReplyDelete

Followers