About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Macie's Headstone

Macie's heastone arrived before her birthday. Although it is beautiful, it is not fair that we had to pick this out for our daughter. No parent should ever need to purchase a headstone for their child. Macie loved sunflowers, and we were able to find a stone with carved sunflowers on the side of it. The stone is a blueish-purple color. Very pretty-I think Macie would approve of our choice. We had some ceramic photos made for the front and back of the headstone. We also purchased an angel statue that is holding a kitten since she loved her cats so much.

This is front view of the stone






This is the back view



This is the back photo, and yes, both pictures are of Macie. Everyone thinks that the one picture is Kaylee. Ryan even asked me why I didn't add the boys too. The girls were really starting to look alike. The background is from one of her paintings.



3 comments:

  1. its so pretty she would have approved

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world do we pick out one small marker for the large lives of our children? How do we sum up a life in a stone? I know how hard it was and think you have done an absolutely beautiful job!
    Macie is beautiful.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. claudine@orphanscry.comAugust 18, 2009 at 12:52 AM

    I'm crying my eyes out. You are honouring your precious daughter so well. I cannot imagine your ache. Praying the God of all comfort would daily give you grace and wrap His arms around your whole family. May He breathe His breath of life into you minute by minute. Praying for each one of you.

    "When you pass THROUGH the waters...and THROUGH the fire...I WILL BE WITH YOU." Your Abba Father

    Claudine T in MD

    ReplyDelete

Followers