About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Macie's Tree

On September 10 (which so happened to be Ryan's birthday), The YMCA gymnastics team planted a tree in Macie's memory. They had a sweet little ceremony to honor her. The coaches placed the tree, then all the teammates took turns shoveling the dirt to fill the hole. Jordan stepped in to help finish the job. He is such a good big brother. It's the most beautiful, purple colored, red bud tree. The team girls are responsible for watering the tree during practices. I thought that was a really cute idea. They will also be placing a stone in the YMCA memorial garden. It's very touching to see how much all of her teammates loved her. The Y has also started a Macie Crow scholarship fund to help girls less fortunate participate in gymnastics. A very sweet team member (sorry, not sure if she wants her name on the web) came up with the idea, and worked her little tail off to hold a family fun night in memory of Macie to raise money for the scholarship. My wonderful mother-in-law made this picture for us, and gave it to us at the ceremony. The drawing was done by Macie, and it was taped to a wall in their house. She thought the tree was appropriate for the ceremony, so she placed a gymnastics picture of Macie on it with one of the badges made by the gymnastics team. Isn't it cute!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT IDEA! love that there is a Macie Tree!
    Thinking of you all (Crow and Goff family's)
    Sincerely, Pam M

    ReplyDelete

Followers