About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Getting stronger

I was doing some push-ups the other day, and realized I was able to do more reps than before. I was a little sore the next day, but I like the burn because I know it is working to strengthen my arms. Without stress and pain, the muscles never grow. The muscles must first be torn. Then with time and the proper nutrition, the muscle repairs itself and adds additional tissue along the way. This made me think about my own cardiac muscles-my HEART. The heart cannot grow if it has never felt pain. I know that with enough time and Jesus (He who is able to supply all my needs), my heart will also grow stronger. I have to trust God with my pain, and let Him use it for good in my life.

Isaiah 61:3
God will provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

3 comments:

  1. Faith accepts suffering as a gift from the hand of God.

    Thinking of y'all today.

    Jean
    Daven's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Amanda. What wisdom in this post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers