About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Mom, we're hurt!" Those are the last words I heard in my old life. It's amazing how 3 words can trigger such strong physiological responses. The panic sets in, adrenaline starts pumping, your heart races, and a million thoughts and images go through your mind. Before I reached Jordan and Macie, I was picturing them stuck in the mud with broken bones, and that would have been bad enough. I wasn't prepared for the real image that would enter my mind. As I reached the top of the hill, my world went still, and everything in that instant changed. I can remember standing momentarily in disbelief, trying to convince myself that what I was seeing was not real. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Instead, my life was catapulted into instant chaos, unbearable decision making, funeral arrangements, regret, and constant agonizing grief.

I watched our story on Fox 2 news (http://www.fox2now.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=430df144-5b5a-4d0c-ab22-4db063a12213&src=front), but I still wasn't prepared to see and hear Macie saying, "Merry Christmas Mommy!" Those are words that I can never hear her say again. I have walked through the last couple of weeks feeling somewhat human again, but in reality, I was just acclimated to the new emotions, and had learned how to function with them. Little by little, new emotions and the realization of the loss become exposed. I believe that God has designed us in such a way that our body only allows bits and pieces of the reality to creep in one at a time. If everything you experience as a grieving parent were to hit you all at once, the body would completely shut down and die. With the holidays approaching, I can feel new layers of the grief being exposed. I dread the next 2 months, but I know with enough prayer and faith, I will survive. I miss my old life so much, but there is an even better life in heaven waiting for me, and that life includes Macie forever!

My flesh and my heart fail me: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

2 comments:

  1. claudine@orphanscry.comNovember 18, 2009 at 8:38 PM

    You WILL survive! I am standing with you on that statement of faith you made!

    "Behold, I am coming QUICKLY! See to it that no one steals your crown...and then...He will wipe away EVERY tear...and ALL things will be made NEW!!!!!"

    Keep your eyes on the "Blessed Hope." May It be that much sweeter to you as you walk through this painful life...

    Praying for you,

    Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quietly while we were asleep
    She and the moon were talking
    She ask that God always keep you protected
    As the wind pulls the clouds across the moon
    Her light fills the darkest room
    We can see the miracle that keep us from falling
    She's recieving all the sweetest gifts that only the heavens could bestow
    She shares her light and shine's like mornin'
    As she so gracefully lived her life
    She so gracefully shares her light
    We promise to cherrish your moments

    ReplyDelete

Followers