About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Psalm 13

I have found myself reading the book of psalms lately, and there is one psalm that constantly speaks to me.

Psalm 13
How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and
every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say,"I have overcome him;
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.


It is comforting to know that even people of great faith, like David, struggled too. I know that God is in control and HE does not make mistakes, but it doesn't make the pain go away. I'm constantly crying "WHY?" and "HELP!" I'm praying for the day when all questions will be answered, and there will be no more mourning, weeping, and death. I KNOW that there will be a day with no more tears, but I just want it to be yesterday.

5 comments:

  1. We pray for your family every night. May the Lord comfort and bless you.

    Love,
    Alex, Elizabeth, Drew and Brendan Landau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I find great comfort in the Psalms too - God is so good to have given us a place to go for all the pain, all the good in our lives. When i read your writings, I feel your pain, I wish I knew what to do for you and your family to give you relief - Prayer from those who love God and you help, I am sure. Know this you are a great mom and Ryan is a great dad - you are a great family - Focus on God and your love for each other; it will take time to be okay again but there will be a day when you will wake up and think of all the good you have and remember Maci w/o hurting so badly - give yourself time. Talk to someone who knows what you feel? But don't give up. In Christ's Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. claudine@orphanscry.comNovember 7, 2009 at 3:35 PM

    Praying, Amanda. There will never be words adequate enough.

    Claudine T in MD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for comfort, for your heart and soul.
    Pam M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the director of an orphanage in Cambodia and came across your story...and I was very affected by it. "Touched" would be the more appropriate term. Let us hope that in time the water of your tears will become well of new wine that you will draw from to heal others.

    ReplyDelete

Followers