About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Embrace

Embrace.....the word keeps jumping into my head. I absolutely hate my new life! Yet, we still have joy in it. You read about peace and joy that surpasses all understanding in the bible (Philippians 4:4-9Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, rejoice! Let everyone see your gentleness. The Lord is near! Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.), but you don't quite understand it until you are living it. This new life is not by choice, nor is it something we can change. It isn't a bad decision we have made, or a wrong turn that has lead us down an unwanted path. In that case, we could put the car in reverse and start over, and the only thing we would have lost is time. In some bad situations, you get a redo or an "oops, lets try again." Unfortunately, this isn't the case for us. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, we can do to change our situation. As much as we don't like it, this is the life we have. Life is a gift from God and we need to embrace it. Why should we only accept good from God? We need to trust that He is in control, and He knows what He is doing! I need to embrace the plans God has for us and always remember, that one day in Heaven, all these bad days will be infinitely out-numbered by glorious good days! Embrace your loved ones, and never take them for granted!

1 comment:

  1. Dear friends,
    I found your blog after you commented on Mary Beth Chapman's post.
    Macie is a beautiful girl and I am so incredibly sorry for your pain that you feel without her here.
    Journeying with you in Arkansas.
    Becky Russell

    ReplyDelete

Followers