About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


We had planned on having some friends and relatives over as a dedication day to Macie, but the rain and flooding changed our plans. For the past month, we have been working on a memorial garden on the side of the house in memory of Macie. Our friends and relatives helped with the project, and it turned out beautiful. A dear friend's mother made a beautiful stained glass bench, my parents and in-laws bought a beautiful angel statue, my aunt bought a gorgeous plaque, the church gave us another plaque that is hanging on our tree, my parents purchased a memorial stone, and each of the kids picked out a little critter statue that they thought Macie would like. Ryan's friends generously gave their time and talents pouring a concrete walk-way and sitting area in the garden. My father also spent lots of time putting his landscape talents to work, making the garden perfect. We are hoping for this to be a happy, beautiful place where we can spend time as a family and honor Macie. Since the accident happened near our home, we wanted to take the focus off that area and put the focus on something beautiful. Building the garden was also very therapeutic. It gave us a project and goal, and it got the kids outdoors playing together.

The stepping stone below is one Macie made about 3 years ago.
I added it to her garden. She has always liked rainbows.




We were disappointed when we couldn't do the dedication today, but the day turned out well. We still got together with our immediate family for dinner and watched some home videos and the slide show from Macie's visitation. When we returned home, Brooke brought her kittens out to meet us. They are sooooo cute. We are keeping the orange one for sure. I just wish Macie were here to help care for them. She would be so excited. In fact, we would probably be fighting right now, because she would refuse to go to bed because she would be so preoccupied with the cats. She would also be stating her case as to why we should keep all of them and not just one. She would also try to set up their bed and food in her room. During bedtime prayers tonight, we asked God to tell her all about them!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda,
    I found your site on MBC's site. I have been praying faithfully for them this past year. I will pray for you and your precious family. I...I cannot imagine your suffering. I look at such beautiful photos, artwork, crafts and just ask, "Lord, why...why are so many suffering in this way?" I know His ways are higher and that He sees the beginning from the end, and in this is my hope and comfort as I know it's yours. But...

    May He hold your hearts and draw your remaining family on this earth closer together each day so that Macie's death would not have been in vain. I imagine her daddy is struggling so much in why he couldn't protect his princess. I pray that he would somehow, each day, along with you and your children, be able to place each question, each tear, each agonizing moment, each "what if", in the faithful, strong, sovereign hands of God. And, when the questions come, "Where was this sovereign God?" May your hearts be able to trust in childlike simplicity that He really was there. I hate it for you. I hate that this is happening to you, the Chapmans and several others. I wish so desperately that I could change it for you, because if I know how sick it makes ME feel to my stomach, I can't even begin to comprehend what it makes each of YOU feel like. Please keep close to each other. Please hang on to the hem of Jesus' garment so one day there WILL be a day when you see precious, beautiful, smiling Macie face to face...and Jesus will wipe away every tear from your eyes.

    Praying for you,

    Claudine T in MD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    I also found you through MBC blog. My heart aches for all who are suffering the loss of their children. It is the Chapman blog that has opened my eyes to the many ones who are a part of this unfortunate club as you call it. I can't imagine the pain you experience, but your honesty and writing down how you feel through this loss is eye opening for those of us who have not had to travel down this road. I pray that I never have to bury one of my children, but should that day come, I know I could go through it easier by recalling how you and the Chapman's are doing it....only with God's help. Thank you for sharing your life and the life of Macie.....what a special child she was. Loved the pictures of her artwork. God Bless You in the days ahead. Will say additional prayers for the healing of your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. claudine@orphanscry.comAugust 3, 2009 at 5:15 PM

    Still praying for you, dear family. May He breathe new hope and give greater grace to all of you this day.

    Blessings,

    Claudine T in MD

    ReplyDelete

Followers