About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda Crow. I am a mother of four amazing children: three who are here with me on earth, and one who is awaiting our reunion in heaven. I am a homeschooling mom who embraces the life God has given me.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Generosity

Yesterday, some friends put together a golf benefit for our family. We were blown away by the love, support, and generosity of everyone. There was a great turn-out, but the day was very sad. All those people were there because Macie died. I've been to other fundraisers before, and the money is usually going towards making the situation better, but in our case no amount of money can bring back our daughter. Instead, we are purchasing a headstone with all the donations. We are so blessed to have everyone help with that, yet it is very depressing. I have been looking around with my mother, and I think I know what to get her. It's a hard decision because I want it to be just perfect and beautiful!
.
Our friends want this golf scramble to be an annual event to remember Macie. I would like to have it around her birthday every year. Of course the money will not go to us, rather some other charitable organization (maybe St. Jude or Compassion International). Ryan and I are already thinking of starting our own charity in Macie's name to help other children and families. I want to turn this horrible nightmare into a blessing for someone else. Another friend has already started a scholarship fund in her honor. The scholarship will be awarded to someone that would have been in her graduating class.
.
Shortly after the funeral, Ryan and I decided to help a child through Compassion International. Everyone was so generous, and it was laid upon our hearts to give a little back and help another child. When I called the organization, I told them that I did not have a gender or age preference. I told them we wanted to sponsor any child that has been waiting a long time. We just received our sponsor packet a couple weeks ago, and they sent us a little girl just a few months older than Macie! Funny how God works!
.
We just want to say we love everyone and we thank you for helping us!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers